It is the responsibility of the accountants for the Division of Biology to work with the Department Heads and Principal Investigators to maintain and monitor the accounting activity on their accounts. They have extensive knowledge and thorough understanding of the University's fiscal policies and act as a liaison with the Office of Research, Controller's Office, Treasurer's Office, Payroll and Sponsored Projects Accounting. Their duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation of Interdepartmental transfers for expenses and recoveries.
- Verification of monthly Procurement Card Statements.
- Reconcile and review activity on monthly electronic ledger reports, including confirming and supplementing appropriate documentation of income and expenses transactions.
- Maintain file copies of awarded grants and contracts and related correspondence.
- Preparation of rebudget requests, Schedule of Final Charges, and assistance with account closeout
- Discussion and review of account activity with responsible persons and obtaining appropriate approvals and signatures.