It is the responsibility of the accounting specialists for the Division of Biology to work with the Department Heads and Principal Investigators to maintain and monitor the accounting activity on their accounts. They have extensive knowledge and thorough understanding of the University's fiscal policies and act as a liaison with the Office of Research, Controller's Office, Treasurer's Office, Payroll and Sponsored Projects Accounting. Their duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation of Interdepartmental transfers for expenses and recoveries.
- Verification of monthly Procurement Card Statements.
- Distribution of monthly general ledger reports for Expense and Restricted Accounts to Department Heads and Principal Investigators.
- Maintain file copies of awarded grants and contracts and related correspondence.
- Reconciliation and review of account activity.
- Preparation of Schedule of Final Charges, assistance with account closeout.
- Discussion and review of account activity with responsible persons and obtaining appropriate approvals and signatures.